Weekend is done.

Well, my back feels so much better. I guess I needed to take some time to relax and especially time away from my laptop! We had a great time at the silent auction last night. My mom and her boyfriend ended up staying last night because of the freezing rain, so they came with us to the pub. Some of dh's relatives came with us as well. We had a ton of laughs, some drinks and yummy pub food. The kitchen was so backed up it took at least an hour if not longer to get any of our food, we felt bad for the servers because they were taking all the flak. Our server bought us a round of drinks and even comped some of our food. She was terribly sweet and told us we were her favourite table, because we were so understanding. We left her a huge tip, of course:)
My dh went a little overboard on the bidding. He won 3 sets of NHL tickets, so we are all going to go to some hockey games in the next month or so. Should be a blast, hockey is the one sport that I really enjoy watching. Helps that my children play every weekend!
I am feeling kind of stressed about my novel. I have almost 14000 words to go and only 5 more days. I have a feeling that all the housework I did this week will have been a complete wash by the end of this week. I am going to have to put in some major hours if I am going to finish my book in time.
I just want to say thanks for all the love and support I am receiving from my blog friends. I so enjoy reading about your lives and hearing from you. Thank you. I can't wait to be done this novel writing thing, so I have more time for blog reading;)

Comments

  1. I love watching hockey games, too. Your hubster did well.

    Good luck with your writing. 14000 words sound like a lot, but I know you can do it! Hang in there!!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your book! The night at the pub sounds like it was fine. Good for you guys for being the shining light on a gloomy night for that server.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hockey, but it's not very big around here. Bummer. So how do you feel about writing the end of your book? How did the story turn out? Have you struggled with the plot or character arcs, etc? What was the high concept? What did the character learn? I'm curious. That's the kinda stuff that usually hangs me up. Wow, it sounds like a blast at the pub. I would have loved to have been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good on ya loving the hockey. I have to say that it's completely lost on me:) I would however go to a game to spend time alone with my hubby.

    Sounds like a fun evening.

    You can do it!!! (with the 14,000 words!) Do I get to read it when it's done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it - the housework is always gonna be there girl, set those kids to it and write, write, write!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts