Boring book

ugh. Do you think it is bad to be so bored of your own novel that you can barely finish writing it? I think it must be. If I can't stand to keep writing it, I am sure there is no one out there who will want to read it straight through. ick.
Of course I am not writing it for anyone 'out there'. I am writing for the girl inside here. (pointing at my heart) I am writing this novel for me, simply to be able to say that I did it. Does it really matter if it is readable? No, what matters for me is that I set a goal and that I meet it. And honestly, who after writing for 27 days straight would not be a bit tired of it? I am so anxious to be done writing this story. I want to scrapbook again. I want to write something in my blog that is slightly more entertaining than the drivel of the past couple weeks. I want to organize my house and get ready for Christmas. I want to shop! I want to read as many blogs as I like and not feel guilty for neglecting my novel, and then make tons of comments!
I just want to be done. I am almost at 43000 words now. I would like to crank out a couple thousand more tonight, maybe I should go to bed early and write tomorrow? There are only a very few tomorrows left. That scares me a bit.
My non noveling life continues in my novel's shadow. Today was filled with much running around. We had our fall meeting with our home education facilitator this morning, so I had made 2 pans of brownies last night (my grandmother's recipe, with added Bernard Callebaut white chocolate chunks). Yummy! Our facilitator is so encouraging and helpful, it is always nice to see him. I find him very affirming to what we are trying to do with our children, I really appreciate that he shares our faith as well, because it gives him more understanding to what is most important to us.
This afternoon we went to our homeschooling friends, bi-weekly get together. Great conversations, more brownies, perfect afternoon. Then home to say goodbye to Daddy, off to taekwondo and then the hockey practice that wasn't. Our ice slot was double booked, and our coach never showed up. Mass confusion and annoyance was shared by all. I have to admit to not minding too much, I got to go home and put my kids to bed and try to work on my novel. My flippin' boring novel.
Okay, I guess I should get back at it. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can move on to other things. (6500 words to go people!)

Comments

  1. Kristen, it's *totally* normal to be sick of it. That doesn't mean anything bad...It would be good if you could take a few days off, but with this NaWri...thingy, I suppose that is out of the question. So just hang in there! Once you are done with it, then put it away for a few days/week. Then read it again, and I'll betcha it'll read a lot better :)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6,500 words to go - you gotta finish this "boring novel" - then you will have your first draft! Way to go and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more days! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, at this point I am living for your encouraging words! I can't wait for the end of the month, then I will not look at my book again til the new year. Maybe by then I will like it again.
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are the boys doing with their novels?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts