Oops, he did it again.

Yep, at 3:30 when I got up to tinkle, guess who was already in my bed. Yep, you guessed it! My own little Monkey Boy. But he actually kept to my side of the bed, so I was able to tuck in and sleep on the other side. And sleep I did. I set my Treo to awaken me at 6 am so I could drive my Dad to the airport at 6:30. I knew I would have to take my Juju monkey with me so I gave myself time to dress him as well. I tucked my Treo beside my pillow just to make extra sure I wouldn't miss it ringing.
When I sat bolt upright in bed at 6:45, I scrambled for a robe and ran out to tell my Dad I would be right there. He was gone. He drove himself to the airport.
I feel like a horrid daughter, now he has to pay for parking for 2 weeks and had to drive in morning city traffic by himself, which he really does not love. I called him right away apologising profusely, but he was of course sweet and gracious about it. I actually love getting up and taking him, it is lovely to be up and out of the house before 7, and visiting with my Dad. I love the long, lone drive home by myself with the music playing loudly and my coffee by my side.
Since Juju and I were up anyway, we cuddled up on the couch with some chocolate milk for a while and I got a few hundred words written for my novel, and then everyone else was up. My morning quiet time was extremely short, but nice. Well I am on my way out again to taekwondo, then hopefully I can get up on my word count.

Comments

  1. I just realized you are Kristen! Sleep deprivation was the very hardest thing about having kids. And mine were good sleepers too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts