Weekend expectations.

Well after a four day long weekend because dh got home Thursday night, I feel a bit behind. We, of course had a huge to do list for the weekend, he had grandiose plans of all he would get done on the kitchen reno and I had chores, planning, shopping and writing to do. Not a lot of check marks on the to do list. But we did just hang out as a family, gorging on togetherness. So I think it was a pretty successful weekend.
Dh and I talked for hours, we had both missed that. The kids played sports, played with each other, played with friends and played with us. Grandma came for a meal, which was pretty wonderful because we haven't seen her in a week and a bit. It was just a nice time and contrary to my usual disposition, I do not feel much disappointment at the things that did not get done. Not even missing the sale at Gymboree.
One huge thing, my Monkey boy spent the whole weekend sleeping in his own bed for the whole night. This morning he did not even come and cuddle for a few moments. And guess what? I missed him. I missed his tiny, warm little self in my arms in the middle of the night. I especially missed his 'Good morning, Mommy' kisses and hugs. I am one Silly Mommy. Both nights I awakened at around 4 am and lay there in the dark unable to find sleep again. I was still pretty out of it and it took til morning to figure out why I had woken up. Because I NEVER sleep past then! Because he is usually crawling into my bed by then, I guess I had gotten pretty used to it.
But I will not look a gift horse in the mouth, nor ignore a blessing from God! He slept through the night again! Woohoo! Thanks God!
Well dh and I are spending the evening catching up a bit on our chores. While I work on my novel, he is hanging drywall. Yay husband! I am up to 16000 words now, but I am supposed to have passed 20000 today. So I am a bit behind. I will be playing catch-up on my word count all week. So please forgive me if I don't do much blog reading or commenting this week. I will try to post a little blurb here each day to keep up with Nablopomo, but I don't expect to do much surfing this week. I will try to read my blog reader once or twice and I promise to visit you and comment next week:)
Time to fit in a couple hundred more words and then I think we are going to plug in a movie or something.
By the way, leftover chocolate fondue is yummy as fudge the next day. What?! I needed fuel for novel writing. Yummy.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    I love the morning snuggles, too. Nothing beats them :)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for keeping up the word count! I remember when my youngest gave up her 4:00 AM feeding. I was so sad. I still look back on that time and wish for it, but it is far behind now. Sigh. But I still have memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the novel! I have decided to view Badness in my bed as my own personal space heater for the time being....these old houses get COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I don't miss the nights our son wouldn't sleep alone...I do miss the snuggling & cuddling in the morning.

    Sounds like a good family weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts