sicky mommy

Well hockey season is in full swing, 2 simultaneous practices this morning at different arenas, both ending around the same time as Church starts. Thankfully dh was able to handle the hockey today, as I am still sick and exhausted. I am getting a little fed up with the needing to sleep to get better, but not being able to sleep cuz I can't breathe.
The other night I was so stuffed up that I just couldn't fall asleep. I decided the time had come to get over my aversion to medicating and just take some night-time Tylenol cold. Dh was nice enough to get up and dig in the medicine chest in the closet to find me some. I choked it back with my lukewarm water and closed my eyes expecting oblivion to come quickly. It did not. My nose was clear, I could breathe, but my mind was whirling. I felt restless, rolling around in the bed, legs kicking, arms in the covers, on top of the covers, in the covers. I actually felt kind of hyper.
It was a horrid night, I could only drift for a few moments before being wide awake again. Thankfully dh sleeps like a rock, because he slept on, uninterrupted, but I was a flippin' jack-in-the-box.
Now I tend to be sensitive to medication, and it doesn't always have the desired effect on me. Gravol gives me that dizzy-I drank too much-the world is spinning-afraid to close my eyes feeling. It makes me more nauseous than the car-sickness or flu that I took it for. ick. And apparently some cold medications make me restless and hyper. Especially when the night-time cold medication is actually the day-time formula. oops.
So today I slept in a bit, it was pretty perfect especially when my 2 preschoolers came to cuddle, they are so warm and smooshy and give the best wet, noisy kisses on earth. Even Bear, Monkey and Puppy came to snuggle.
Today we are finally going to go and take some fall family photos, at least that is the plan. The sun is shining and warm, there are a few leaves left on the trees, and tons of the ground to crunch and jump in. Pictures tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts