Thanksgiving Weekend

We had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend. Many reminders of all we have to be thankful for.
Saturday we visited with our good friends Yvonne and V., I met Yvonne through an Internet Mom's group and her youngest is the same age as my Monkey boy. Here they are playing Thomas. These 2 used to fight like siblings, if we went to V's house then she didn't want to share her toys, and if they came to our house then my Monkey would be whining and pulling his 'stuff' from her. ah fun.

They get along much better now, thankfully.







Spent part of Sunday at the dog park with my Brother-in-law, his 2 gorgeous labs and the family. Walked by the water and let all the little cousins romp and play. The sun was shining, the leaves have turned, it was a gorgeous 20 degrees (70 Fahrenheit). We haven't seen Uncle Ryan or the furry cousins in a while so it was great to catch up, hear about their trip to NY, and bask in the sun.






















After leaving the dog park we headed downtown to the River Valley to take more photos and meet up with Gramps. The boys played a bit of man tracker with their Gramps as the tracker and I tried valiantly to get a family shot along with all my random photos. The scenery down there was breathtaking, I am so glad there were still some leaves on the trees along with the mountains to crunch through.



















This shot is my girly having another pout, this was about number 3 or 4 I captured on film this day. Gramps was teasing her this time, so she kept giggling.












We finished off our weekend with our big turkey pig-out. My Dad was in for his 2 day stay on his way to work, Grandma and Grandpa came and brought a Ukrainian dish to share, Uncle Darren and Gramps also came to give thanks with us all. Dinner was so yummy, I can't wait to dig into the leftovers!


I was a bit thoughtful as we sat down to eat last night. Looking around at all these faces I adore, my beautiful children smiling and chatting with our parents-how blessed we are. 4 healthy, brilliant kids! All kinds of Grandparents who are a huge part of our kids lives. I lived far from my Grandparents and saw them once a year, I barely knew them. My husband knew his, but they all passed away while he was still a boy. I hope my kids will appreciate how fortunate they are to have close relationships with their grandparents, to know them and love them and have them as friends.




Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun-filled, action packed Thanksgiving and of course, we had some great weather! But now, it's back to the daily grind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog. I've been reading your homeschooling one, but like me, you update your main one more regularly. I've read the last three posts and am looking forward to reading more. Your family is beautiful. You and your husband don't look old enough to have four kids the ages of yours. I'm with you...having family so involved is such a blessing! Hope your Friday goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts