Countdown to November

A lot going on in our home right now. I am madly preparing for November, trying to knock things off my to do list so that I will have a lot of writing time next month. November is National Novel Writing Month or Nanowrimo. It is a contest (really against yourself) to finish a 50 000 word novel in 30 days. I signed myself and my 2 oldest boys up to write novels, thought it would be a fun school project for us to do together. The 13 year old will write 30 000 words and the 10 year old will write 12 000 words, at least those are our goals.
So I am trying to organize a bit, clean, catch up on my laundry, and make my family Christmas presents. I am scrapbooking like crazy!
My dh has a few projects on the go as well before he leaves for a job on Tuesday.



This is the beginning of our main floor renovation. As you can see he is removing walls and moving some electrical right now. We will be gutting the kitchen and replacing the flooring and lights on the whole main floor. Right now we are walking on plywood, cuz the first thing I got him to do was remove the carpet. I hate carpet, ick.
We will also be reno-ing the 2 bathrooms upstairs.
In the mean time we will be putting up with the mess while dh goes out of town for a month. It won't be too bad, because all the stuff will be put away while he is gone-I hope.
I am asking all of you for your help next month. I want you all to bug me daily about my novel word count. To stay on track I need to write 1667 words per day, shouldn't be a problem as long as I stay on track. I can't fall behind, cuz I only actually have 29 days, I won't be around to write on the 30th, I will be on a shopping trip with friends!

So please, please, pretty please bug me daily about my word count! Keep me on track beautiful bloggers, I beg of you!

Please see Yesterday's post for pics of our trip to the Pumpkin Festival!

Comments

  1. and I thought I was ambitious trying to blog everyday! You're my new hero - I'll be cheering for you! My sympathies regarding living mid-reno so long. My husband eeked a powder room and coat closet out of our dining room (now office) last year and it took him 3 months of evenings and weekends. It was worth all the mess though....Kitchen is next, and I'm almost glad we can't afford it yet! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite a feat! And a lot of words! :)

    What a big project you guys are doing with your house. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts