I need a video camera!

Oh man, you know how you want a video camera to record all those precious baby moments? First words and smiles and steps? That is all terrific, but I want one, need one to record my precious 10 and 13 year old boys.
The other day I heard them saying words that sounded strangely familiar. I edged closer to listen. Yep, sure enough, they were acting out scenes from Monty Python. And it was gut-wrenchingly funny. My 10 year old is an ace at accents, oh my goodness I nearly peed my pants listening to him!
Now I love Monty Python, not as much as my husband, but I appreciate a good laugh. But it has been years since we have watched any and we had never introduced our children to the wonders of The Search for the Holy Gail et al. I guess I kind of thought it was a bit inappropriate for pre-teens. Apparently one of the older boy's friends from youth group told him to search Monty Python on youtube and my boys thought it was the most hilarious thing they had ever seen.
I have to say that I think their renditions are far better than the originals, but I may be a little biased. I mean who needs tv when you have 2 of the world's comic genius' performing in your own basement?
I now know what I am gonna do tonight. Pick up the makings of a Monty Python marathon and for pizza. Me n my boys are gonna have some laughs together, and you can never do that with your children enough.

Comments

  1. You know that is too funny. Because my boys just watched the Holy Grail a couple of weeks ago and they LOVED it, too. They now try to watch it any chance they have. And they want me to buy coconuts so they could pretend-horseback-ride.

    I was never a big Monty fan either, but I am a big boys-doing-Monty-fan, just like you.

    So if you get that video camera, please, please share :)

    Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the marathon and pizzas.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes monty...hilarious stuff. i feel the same way about my still camers (that has a video function) i am never without it. my 12 yr old daughter doesn't even blink anymore, she just knows i am going to take a picture no matter what we are doing! lol

    thanks for stopping by my blog, i see from your blog roll that we have a few bloggy friends in common...isn't that always the way it works? i love it! and i love new bloggy friends...stop by often! i will add you to my google reader so i can remember to come back too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear your boys reinacting Monty Python. My twins do that all the time - they LOVE Monty Python and they are funny too!

    Have a good weekend - I'll see you soon. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are the Knights who say, "Nee!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luuuuuv Monty Python. I never thought to searc youtube. I am giong to do that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pizza and monty python...is there anything better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is precious! There are so many moments I wish I could freeze & keep forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pizza and Monty Python sounds like a perfect evening to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfully sweet post. I love Monty Python too. I wish I could have heard them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's hilarious. I can't wait for Ben to start that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is a huge fan of Monty Python. I'm not great with accents or really remembering dialogue, so hopefully Little Elvis will be able to do that fun stuff with him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts