Catching up to my life.

Yay! I have my internet back! My husband was building a new desk in the family room (yay hubby!) and then moved all the wiring and the modem, hence no internet most of the weekend. Oh, I will have to post pics when we are all done down there, it is gonna be awesome.
Glad to have my connection back, I feel so out of touch with the world

On that note, I did watch tv last night for the first time since spring. My dh hooked up the rabbit ears to see what was on and I ended up listening to the Grammy's while I read my murder mystery. I did watch Beyonce and Tina though, gosh Tina is still so hot! I kept waiting for shots of her legs, that woman has some awesome gams. Well so does Beyonce. Gorg! Oh and I watched Amy W!nehouse, I love, love, love her voice and 'musical stylings' but the lyrics to 'Rehab' are one of the worst I have every heard. so lame. and I guess ironic considering how messed up she has been.

On the home front, home educating the last week and a half has been pure torture. My boys have been spending hours joking around or fighting with each other and not even completing the basic minimums that I expect from them. The missed a total of 3 taekwondo sessions last week due to not being done school and chores by 4:30/5 pm when tkd starts! What on earth?! The work I had asked of them would maybe take 2 hours, 3 including chores tops. Anyways, I am just so frustrated, but plowing through.

In more positive parenting news, my 2.5 yr old Girly is potty training herself. Three mornings ago I took off her nighttime diaper and tried to put another one on her. She said no, she wanted panties. So off she went to get some panties and put them on. (Looking so adorable in her ruffled, princess pants!) Then she went off to play. A couple hours later she came running upstairs, taking down her panties, "I have to pee!" Sure enough, 3o seconds later a potty full of pee. Yay! We sang the pee pee celebrations song and danced around.
Three days later, no accidents, she gets herself to the potty without reminder. She was even dry for her nap today! The only thing is, each day at around 4 or 5 she has asked for a diaper and then worn it the rest of the day. I thought maybe she needed to have a bm, but no, she just wanted the diaper. I am thinking maybe I should get some pullups with the disappearing pictures for her, for nighttime and stuff. She would hate to make the pics disappear, and less confusing than the diaper/panty thing.
She is so cute using the potty like a big girl, I am gonna have to get some photos, totally forgot!

Can't wait to spend part of the evening catching up on some of my fave blogs. The rest of it will be spent on part of our massive house decluttering and cleanup. Yikes! So much stuff!

Comments

  1. Hooray for your Girly! Oh, how lucky for you that she's willing to go in the potty! I'm still struggling with my little guy.

    Hang in there with your guys. Homeschooling isn't something I could do and my hat is off to those of you who make such a commitment and effort!

    Can't wait to see pics of that desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome about the potty training! I can imagine the challenge with homeschooling--at least I was able to send my students home! Then again, they kept coming back, day after day after day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I missed you:) I thought maybe you were just busy but HURRAY for a new desk!

    We are struggling with school work too but the chores are okay so...I don't know what the right balance is. Keep on keeping on I guess:)

    Oh and yay for your girlie! What a big girl. She is certainly her own person eh?! Totally different.
    How is baby #6???!! He/she making you tired?

    Thinking of you lots. Sorry I haven't phoned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for girlie! All by herself!!

    I hear ya on the boys...I find it goes in waves, though, the in fighting, attitude with school work, etc. Some weeks are sheer torture, and other weeks are bliss. By the sounds of it, you are due for a dose of bliss this week.

    Can't wait to see the new desk!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! on the potty success. My soon-to-be-2-year-old likes to sit on the potty but has yet to fill it with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, February is SOO HARD for homeschooling. We all are just "plowing through". I'm fallen into just doing the minimum requirements and letting the kids sleep in until 8:30 or 9:00. Why get up early when there's nothing to do in the afternoon? Bravo for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Potty training, new furniture....that would make my month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't worry about letting her have the diaper at the end of the day, I don't think that it will confuse her, as it on her request. She'll give that up too when she's ready. Go girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Tina Turner does look great, doesn't she!?

    Congrats on the potty training - WOO HOO!

    Hope you've had a good day - see you soon. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck with the decluttering-it's a constant problem around here, my dining room is the dump zone!
    your potty training is going better than my potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my cousins potty-trained himself. I think possibly his older brother somehow helped, but one day he just decided that he wanted to use the potty, so he did! His brother told me that he didn't remember his trick, so he couldn't help me with Little Elvis. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts