Reorganizing

We are in the process of reorganizing and decluttering our home. This weekend we got a good start on our family room. So far we have built 5 new bookcases-with doors to keep preschool fingers from dumping the contents onto the floor. I have taken out 2 bags of garbage, a bag of recycling, and 3 bags of toys to donate! The floor and toy bins are done, now to clean out the desks and existing bookcases. My boys do tidy up when asked, but this consists of shoving everything they find on the floor into the toy bins and shelves, under furniture and basically any nook and cranny they can find. Yuck. I think I found 5 apple cores, eww! No more food down here-even when I am trying to occupy the toddlers with snacks and Dora so I can get something done.
I am happy with our results so far, but when I think of all the things on our to do list it feels a little overwhelming. This past year things have gotten a bit away from me, trying to juggle too many things while also trying to be a good mommy to my 4 little monsters. Housekeeping has kinda slid off the radar, much to my dh's dismay. Dishes and vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, that kinda stuff gets done. But keeping on top of paperwork, purging toys and clothing, that kind of stuff has fallen by the wayside. Oh well, I got to play hours of Dora and Diego, build Lego, read books-all the really important stuff!
Guess I better get back at it, my Dad will be here within the hour and I haven't vacuumed or cleaned the bathroom yet-I can see the floor in my family room though.

Comments

  1. Oh gosh! I have sooo much organizing to do before the new baby comes. Overwhelming, for sure!

    You have FOUR little monsters! Wow! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better I have one fur baby and a big kid (my dh) and that stuff gets put to the side here too, lol
    I am all for winning a lottery and having a maid ::smiles::

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts