Playing Hooky, and catching up.

I am really not sure what is happening with me right now. I think about my blog every day. I write posts in my head constantly. I physically ache to write, but I am having a hard time making myself sit and do it.
I am a bit tired of putting up sloppy writing and then cringing as I read it later. And I don't really have space in my schedule for, well, editing. Lame huh?

Anyhoo... it is life as usual around here. Getting serious about educating the young'uns. Tons of time at the ski hill. General running around. Today we watched the inauguration, just like many of you and wow. I was just speechless. And touched. and stirred. And a little jealous of all my American friends.

I am participating in project 365 this year (one photo per day) and I am putting all my photos in an album with the help of www.weedsandwildflowers.com 's life 365 and my Heritage Makers account, so it only takes a few minutes a day to get them scrapped. Here is the link to my book so far.

This past Sunday we had our kids dedicated at church, so that was very special for us. Zed wore a beautiful dedication gown that my Mom made when my eldest was a baby and we had him dedicated.

Yesterday, Brent played hooky in the afternoon and we went to the ski hill with the kids. I felt so proud as I watched my eldest hold his 2 little siblings between his knees as he took them down the hill, showing them what to do and helping Girly to get over her fear. I thought about how they were making memories with a brother who will have moved out and may have a family of his own by the time they are grown. He is 9, 11 and 14 years older than my littlest ones, I pray that they will be close in spite of that huge age gap. And that we have many more opportunities to make memories together.

Thanks for continuing to come and listen to me ramble, I so appreciate your friendships and shall try to catch up with you guys this week.

Comments

  1. Getting serious about educating the young'uns. That's what I'm doing over here, starting to anyway, it's making me feel sketchy and crazy. With a houseful? You deserve a medal. A shiny one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the mother of a little, bitty baby, educating your other children yourself. What? We should think you have all the time in the world to sit and blog? We know better. Cut yourself some slack and enjoy this time! We still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making memories is what it's all about sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still waiting for enough snow to sled. Sounds like you guys are making some good memories.

    There is a big gap in our family, and us kids are all close. So Im sure your kids will be too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, after school I'm going to check out your albums! Hey, I feel like you with the blogging thing. I'm just out of step with the computer right now. And scrapping too, but that's another thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. I can just picture them all skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skiing sounds like such a fun family bonding experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think about you a lot and wish I could just drive over and help you out, or snuggle Zed, or take you out for coffee.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ski day sounds awesome. I need to get the kids out on the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Family memories are so special. Thank you for sharing. I'm off to check out your book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the dedication! We have a baptism coming up for our little girl!

    I write blogs in my head too and sometimes (usually in fact) they never get posted. Glad to know I am not the only one that does that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Preaching to the choir, girl! I feel the same way about blogging lately. Especially on warm days like today when we'd all rather be outside.

    Glad you're doing well though. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts