Out of the mouths of babes

I took the Monkey boy and Girly to the bathroom at church the other day. I had both of them in the stall together and after Girly peed, she stood waiting for Monkey to be done. He starts to pee and she pipes up, "Nice penis you have there Monkey!"
I can just hear all the old ladies in there gasp and drop their purses. She is too funny. And very interested in body parts!
Tonight Monkey is telling me all about digestion and how the baby gets food from mommy's body, we are having a serious, intellectual discussion. Girly, who had just patted her Dad's chest and told him that he had nice boobies, leans over, slaps Monkey's chest and says, "Monkey! You have boobies too!"
"No Girly. I have nipples."

She also has penis envy. Her brothers can whip it out on the side of the road and pee, how cool is that? She wants one too! She mentions it at least 6 times a day.

She told Daddy last night that if he didn't have a penis that he would be her Mommy. Smart girl.

Just a few of the many body part conversations at my house. I won't even touch on the awakening of awareness of women's bodies by my 13 year old son. I want to know what happened to my little boy. Where did he go?

Comments

  1. I have 3 older brothers and I can honestly say I never wanted what they had. It's pretty funny that she's talking about that!

    Your kids seem pretty smart to me! Sounds like they will have it easy in biology and sex ed! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After taking a bath with DJ I was getting out of the tub and he piped up really loudly, " Where go your penie Mommy?"

    They sure are fasinated with the differences.

    Thanks for sharing. I love the fact you are dealing with two completely different age groups who are body-part fascinated! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my son was maybe 2-1/2 he was changing after swim lessons with another little girl. He leaned over, looked at her, and said "Mom, is her penis on the inside?"

    You don't want to teach them silly words like woo-hoo, but when they loudly talk about their penises, you kind of wish you did...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Gotta keep those church ladies on their toes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I'm just waiting for these conversations to happen in our house. It's only a matter of time.

    I would have busted out laughing in the bathroom stall if I'd heard that. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. My SIL thought of more obscure names for the private areas so when the kids went through the phase of loudly talking about it all the time, at least is was slightly more discreet. I might have to do that when the time comes around.
    So funny imagining the look on the ladies' faces at church.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girl is a smart one. Ya, I think it is perfectly ok to talk about body parts with our children.

    You know, there is an NGO in Malaysia who goes around teaching teachers or volunteers who teach about body parts and personal safety. Some of these teachers are shy and they are taught about body parts via songs. Imagine singing a song with the names of body parts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have penis envy, too. And Ben often laments that he doesn't have a uterus.

    Yes, really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son is obsessed with the body. he insists on getting body book at the library snd has me read them. i am learning a lot. honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is somethin' else!

    AND reminds me very much of my little girly (I'm sure I dont' have to say which one!). I remember her asking if she gets a penis when she grows up? Like her's was jut late coming in or something lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I'm laughing so hard at your kiddos right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My 11 year old daughter just told me her nipples itch and burn. I looked and sure enough, she's getting breast buds. :-) Talk about weird. When she starts her period, I'm running screaming down the street.

    The conversations at your house are hilarious!

    Sniz

    ReplyDelete
  13. My oldest boy just turned 14. Geez Louise. A girl calls here for him all the time. What the heck?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts