Catch Up

My internet has been down for a couple of weeks now and I feel so out of the loop. I can sometimes steal a wireless signal from a neighbour, but it is so slow! I haven't been around much at all. I have also been really concentrating on my family and doing school with the kids, so I haven't had much time to spend with my blog friends. I miss you guys! Thank you so much for still dropping by, you guys rock.

My baby boy is growing and changing so quickly. He was one month old last Thursday. He is smiling and cooing now, usually quite randomly, but occasionally one of us is the lucky recipient of one of his beaming smiles.

Girly is still harassing, I mean loving on baby constantly, she just can't seem to keep her hands to herself. Every time I try to put him down for a nap, she is in there like a dirty shirt. Kissin' on him, patting him, poking at him. I have to try really hard to not get frustrated with her.

Every night for the last week, Monkey and/or Girly have been coming into our room in the middle of night. None of us are getting a ton of sleep, and I have been getting a bit grumpy with all of them. I need some sleep! I think baby Zed must be having a bit of a growth spurt, because he has been waking more at night the past few days. He was waking at about 2/3 am and then again at 6, so I was very pleased with that. Now he seems to be up 3 or 4 times, hopefully that won't last long. My eldest regularly slept 8 straight hours at night at 5 weeks. I don't dare to hope for that again, but 2 nighttime feedings were quite manageable.

Daddy was just holding Zed and Girly (dressed in a doctor costume with fairy wings!) said to him, "Daddy, give baby to mommy so that I can punch you." Unfortunately, she and Monkey did not wait until Daddy gave Zed to me before starting to beat on Dad. Dad was quick to pass baby off to me. The preschoolers have been exhibiting a lot of attention-seeking behavior lately. Whining, fighting, hitting. If the tv is on, they will turn it off. If the laptop is open, they try to shut it. If I am nursing Z, they will try to get between him and I. If daddy is holding baby, they try to wrestle.

So whenever I am not nursing Z, I have been really trying to play with my littles. If I am nursing, I encourage them to read with me or to me. Monkey is becoming such a great reader, he read this paragraph to me out of one of our science books the other day and I actually cried. I was so overcome with amazement in how well he could read. He is only 4 and a half! We have been including them in our school time as well, so they have been telling me all about bones and joints.

We all went to the science centre the other day as part of our science unit. The boys and daddy went to Body Worlds and then we checked out some exhibits and went to an imax show about the human body. Check out my detective Girly!




So life is good around here, a bit busy, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

  1. cute cute cute and uber tiring all at once :)
    Is it cold already there? Everyone looks so bundled!
    Good for you getting everyone out of the house etc. I'm feeling a bit slug like and we're stuggling to get started every day...so nothing new here:)
    Love you and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that things are falling into place. Finding balance is so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you again! And WOW on the reading - that is wonderful!

    OH and that's one cute baby you got there! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys are super busy, but doing well. I love the pics! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering about you the other day- hadn't heard from you.

    Glad every one is doing good- and boy,that baby of yours is getting big. Looks so sweet sleeping

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to take time....but it sounds like you are starting to adjust a little bit despite the whining and fighting and late night wakings?? Hang in there the first few months are such a fog.....try to soak them all in the best you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to see a post from you! The baby is so cute!

    I hope you can find some time to sleep. Grumpy mommies are never a good thing. LOL! Just ask my kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts