A Life.

My heart is filled with gratitude and joy today. Not for a specific reason, I think mostly because I have been choosing to do rather than to endure.
I had been rather down and mopey the last week or two. Circumstances and worry were weighing on my heart, and instead of giving all to God and resting in him, I was churning it all over and over again.
On Saturday, I pulled myself out of the mire a bit. My husband's school was having a street party for the employee's families, and even though my husband was out doing field work, I took the kids to the party.
Now this sort of thing is not my scene. I would happily stay home while my husband took the kids. I do not enjoy crowds, I get very anxious, and the noise overwhelms my senses. I am in continual fear of losing sight of the kids. I do not do well. So I surprised myself by taking them. And I surprised even my husband by having a fantastic time. I was gushing about it to him later. It was so very well executed. There was lots of space and lots to do and eat. We never had to wait in line, and we all had a complete blast. So weird!
Sunday morning we went to church and the worship service was full of exactly what I needed to hear. I raised my prayer of trust and worship and casting my cares upon him who is big enough to care for them all. When we got home, I actually picked up the phone and called a dear friend. I spent a few hours with her sipping tea and sharing and laughing. By the time I got back in my car, I felt like a brand new being. Oh the joy that comes of the twining of two woman-souls.
I was so refreshed, as well as bolstered by my experience on Saturday, that I decided that I should take the kids to the spray park and then have a wiener roast afterwards. So we did. Now the spray park was torture for me. I kept losing sight of my 3 year old and Sunshine kept falling and hurting himself. But the kids enjoyed it and we kept it short so that we could meet Daddy for our cookout.
We so enjoyed each other's company and a long, restful evening.
Monday was even better. Brent's first day back at NAIT! I drove him to work in the morning and we got to spend some time together, sipping our coffee and just being together. His NAIT job is so incredible for our family, because he gets to spend so much time with us. His hours are perfect. After I picked him up in the afternoon, we went to get our second born from his first high school football practice. The kids played in the park while we watched Superboy with his peers.
I will admit to being a bit choked up after I dropped him off in the morning. Our boy has been home educated since kindergarten, so full time school will be a huge adjustment. But one that we are all embracing with anticipation.
Yesterday was our 18th wedding anniversary, and even though we couldn't afford to give lavish gifts and go out to dinner, we had a beautiful evening with our family, barbecuing and just being together. Appreciating the life that we have been blessed with and grateful that God has been the glue that has kept our family whole. I love my life. 

Comments

  1. Happy New Year Mama
    May 2013 be filled with lots of joys and only a few little manageable sadnesses
    xo
    E

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts