Saturday, January 21, 2012


Saturday, January 21, 2012

What a day! I am utterly wiped. We had fun, fun, fun.

Last night, I made the mistake of staying up until midnight with Brent watching Blue Bloods, because the boys were out at the movies with the neighbour boys and Brent had to go and pick them up. Well, just as Brent was on his way out the door, Baby Sunshine woke up and he was not so sunshiney. I took him to bed with me, but he was not sleepy. I was just falling asleep, when Brent woke up with heartburn and asked me to get him some tums. Then, Zed was up and in my bed.
Too many people in my bed! No sleeping for this mama. I finally got Sunshine in his bed at 6:15am and by then, the middles were getting up and ready to go.
ugh. I anticipated being a complete slug today, but instead we played with our kids all day. What a great way to spend the day.

Girly has ballet first thing in the morning, so I picked her up and took her over to Micheal's as a surprise. I saw that they were having a free, Fancy Nancy craft (decorate a crown) and storytime. She IS Fancy Nancy. I didn't tell her where we were going, I just told her that I was taking her to do something special after dance.
The whole time we were driving to dance, she was excitedly chattering about how she had no idea where we were going. At one point she said, "I just can't light my finger on where you are taking me!"
I laughed at my sweet six year old using such an 'old' expression.
The crafting was a bit of a disappointment, there wasn't anyone there, not even an employee. We ended up eventually helping ourselves to one of the prepackaged, paper crown and sticker packs and I read her the story myself. My Girly is a social being, she was looking forward to making new friends and hanging with girls. Oh well, we spent some time together and did a wee bit of shopping too.
When we got home, we packed everyone up and headed to our church for the community winter carnival. The kids had a blast, playing games, jumping in the bouncy castles, hanging out with friends and eating junk. Mom and Dad got to visit with friends as well and it was a great way to spend a few hours. The only bad part was that none of the kids won anything in the raffle at the end and Zed started balling and cried until we were almost home. Note to self: Next time, we leave before the draws.

When we got home again, we had smoothies and got ready to go to the pool. A few hours of swimming and playing in the indoor playground and we were all ready for food and bed. Which is where I am sitting right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment