This week with the MMM's

Today is good. We are on the uphill after a wobbly week. My four little people started getting sick ten days ago, but they are finally getting better. I only have one humidifier going tonight and I didn't have to give any meds at bedtime!

Poor baby Sunshine ended up in the hospital very early Monday morning after a night of not sleeping and labouring to breathe. He had a particularily nasty case of croup, but after 3 treatments of inhaled epinephrine, two steroids and getting his oxygen sats up to 95% he was ready to go home. He was breathing much easier, though he still had some stridor until Tuesday.

None of us did much sleeping in the last week and a half, but after two straight nights of everyone sleeping all night, we are doing much better.

In other, more positive news, my two teenaged sons were involved in a youth drama production at our Church on Sunday. They have been working very hard for the past month and they did an excellent job. I was a little shocked at the powerful message portrayed in the play and how well the group did it. I cried like a baby during the first show. And laughed a lot too. The boys had told us some of the goofy scenes they were in, but until watching, the real message hadn't really sunk in. In one scene, one of the boys gives up his life for the other. Hard for momma to watch. But really good. When it is up on the Church website, I will post the link.

It finally snowed here on Monday, the roads were nutty, but things have settled now. My lovely husband went and got groceries and diapers for us, so I wouldn't have to.

Oh! and Zed started potty learning this week. He was doing fantastic, including doing all his number 2's on the toilet until tonight, when he did 2 of them in his underwear. Not sure what happened there, but tomorrow is a new day. He has actually been taking himself to the potty since January or so, but every time we would put underwear on him, he would piddle. And his siblings were not comfortable with him running bare bum all day!  So I just left it, until he was ready, which he seems to be now.

Finally and happily, my husband is working on my kitchen this week. I full expect to have an entire wall of pantry and my wall oven/microwave combo completed this week. They the difficult stuff starts, the ripping out of the entire old kitchen and install of the new. I am hoping for my kitchen to be done by Christmas... I guess we will see. I think this whole thing started in 2007, maybe even 2006!

Lots going on in our family at any given time. I am so thankful that we are all together and that we have so many awesome opportunities.

Comments

Popular Posts