Refocusing

Terrible blogger, it had been weeks-seems like the crazier my life gets the less I find to write. Hard to make myself slow down and take stock, and I really need to. I have let myself fill my time with things that are not high on my long term priority list.
Top of the list: God, my husband, my children, my family, my friends. Maybe I need to write that out one hundred times to help it sink back into my brain, lol. How I have been filling my time? being busy. busy accomplishing nothing really. Filling my mind and days with 'stuff' most of it not contributing to the master plan.
Time to refocus on my family, actively teaching my children every day, with a plan and goals in mind. Time to get my house in order, organizing and purging to make it all more manageable. Time to research and plan out the next school year. Time to focus on my marriage and make it centered on God, learning to communicate with my husband in an effective way. Mostly it is time for me to focus on God, spending time with him each day and seeking his direction for my life, I have felt a little lost the last few months and I know it is because I have been going full steam ahead without listening for his voice, without even any real plan of my own.
I want to stop running blindly into the darkness, without his light to guide me. God please meet me here and lead me where you want me to go.

Comments

  1. Yes it sounds like it is time to slow down. You need time for you to just relax and breathe too. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl.
    I am having similar revelations. I still feel like i"m having trouble implementing them but at least I'm aware right?!
    I'm glad you're going to take some time to figure it out. Let me know how it goes!
    kisses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth and i have an awesome book called "the five love languages" that will really kickstart some great communication between you. They even have a version of the book out for kids and teenagers.

    The basic principle of it is that we all communicate love in different ways, and the book explains how someone who primarily speaks one of these five languages expresses, and expects to be communicated back to in, heartfelt love. It really opened my eyes when I first read it - it taught me a lot about myself, and then getting to know Elizabeth while we were dating it was easy then to see what her love languages were, so I could better understand how she was communicating love to me and how I should express it back.

    I highly recommend it if you haven't already read it; it's written by Gary Chapman (not Amy Grant's ex-husband, different guy).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts