Reminder: get better insurance!

It was only a couple weeks ago that I was talking about my reforming shy boy. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised by him. We had to take The Boy to the Orthodontist for a consultation and I had to take all four kids with me. I was a little nervous, but they were remarkably well behaved. Superboy surprised me by keeping the littles occupied in the waiting room by reading stories to them. He is turning into a pretty wonderful young man.
Anyhoo, we all had to go into the ortho's office and they all sat quite nicely. When the Dr. came in, he talked to each of my children, reached his hand out and shook their hands and said hello. Even my little Monkey boy, my shy boy, looked up at the Dr., shook his hand, said hello and introduced himself. Yay! He can be polite!
The doctor and his assistant both seemed quite enamored with my crew of apparently amazing children. He even got into a biblical history discussion with The Boy about the origins of Monkey boy's name.
Of course, as my husband pointed out to me later, it was in the doc's best interests to be very friendly with me and my brood. He could probably see the dollar signs dancing above their heads. "Now let's see, $7 grand, multiplied by 5 children, plus inflation, equals... cha-CHING!"

Comments

  1. CHA CHING is right...CRAZY!

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but I'm sure he was impressed nonetheless . . .

    especially since you'll be buying him his new Jag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cha-CHING indeed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naw.... I'm sure he was just duly impressed with your wonderful brood! :)

    Ah, yes... the orthodontist. I am on a first name basis and exchange Christmas cards with my boy's orthos. I do love 'em but I wouldn't mind seeing them a little less often and giving them less of my money. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how ALL kids need braces nowadays?! I've only got two, but our insurance has been checked and double-checked. I hope yours has been, too :)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. At least he's making a good first impression so they won't be scared to visit!

    But agree w/ the cha-ching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yey for Monkey Boy! That last line cracked me up! Chloe just got her braces off and I probably have 2 more to go - Ugh!

    Have a good day - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  8. no kidding! And that's why I'm only bringing mine one at a time lol. It doesn't really help though cuz it's still going ot be amazingly expensive especially Isaac of the "crazy teeth" YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe.

    MMM, you're cracking me up today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cha Cha Cha Cha Ching.
    indeed!

    Deb
    sandiegomomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orthodontics, I still have nightmares. Cha ching is right. Hold out as long as you can on the braces. Sometimes crooked teeth have a way of straightening out during the teenage years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. no, it was your awesome kids. not the awesome price tag. they're just that good. yeah-huh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hee hee hee hee. Isn't that the truth? Don't you just LOVE IT when your kids convince somebody that you must be the PERFECT Mom. I realize that is not our MAIN goal in parenting, but it sure does provide a nice bit of encouragement that there will be fruit if we keep it up. And, I commend you on your bravery. I HAD to take the kids everywhere with me when they were little - and that is precisely why we only have three. That is the max I could handle by myself. You're a good mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. O.K. I just went back and read your last two posts as well. First, you are CRACKING ME UP! The way you tell stuff is hilarious!!! (Even the comments on Potty Talk were all funny!) And the shaving thing got me right HERE (pointing to my broken heart.) Oh, did you not just melt in a motherly puddle right there? How sweet and awful and sad and wonderful. SNIFF SNIFF

    But then your line "this is the only time I have ever felt remotely sad we are not hairy people" BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy that our orthodontist used our money to pay for one year of his daughter's top-notch private college!

    Isn't it nice when your kids make you proud of them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. He was probably just as impressed with their good behavior. My husband and I both had to endure braces and glasses, so we have a strong feeling that Little Elvis will be heading down the same path. Hopefully we'll find a nice orthodontist to support.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts