To Whine or not to whine...

Does anyone else find themselves balancing on one foot while stepping on the scale after all that Christmas excess? I am almost hoping that my thyroid is having some post-pregnancy blips and that is why I am losing my hair and put on 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks! It couldn't possibly be all the Christmas baking and cheese I have wolfed back. Nope, never that.
( sorry I shouldn't joke about the thyroid. It is not a joking matter, but it is common in women post pregnancy to have some issues that are usually not permanent and can be treated with meds, so I have wondered if I should be tested...)

So yesterday wasn't nearly the write-off that I thought it would be, you can read about my slightly productive day here, and as always, pictures here. (the rest of my Project 365
here) And as Lori reminded me, it was epiphany and I had originally planned to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas and Epiphany with the kids (I didn't) as well as Ukranian Christmas tomorrow, so let's just say that is the reason why my tree is still up...

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself today. On top of my increasing fat content, my best homeschooling friend and the hostess of our homeschool support group, put her kids in school after Christmas. So I am feeling a bit alone and bereft in these sometimes stormy seas. And almost all the little friends that Monkey boy wanted to invite to his little fete on Saturday can't come. Which means I don't get to see my friends either. Wah!

Well I was feeling sorry for myself, until I got an email from a dear friend who is having a really hard time right now. And now I am a bit worried about her and not so focused on me. We are going to make a coffee date this week and hopefully we will both benefit from that, I know I will. If you think of it, say a prayer for another mom in the trenches. We all need to have one another's backs in this journey, maybe carry another's loaded pack for a mile or two.

Bless you guys in 2009, I am so blessed to have you in my life, thanks for sharing my load for a few moments each day, I am honoured to share yours too.

Comments

  1. Oh I understand!
    My scale is having a similar issue ... sigh.

    We would love to come to monkey's birthday. i wish we weren't so far away!
    Love from another mom in the trenches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) - I odn't think you were whining.

    B) - even if you were, I welcome it. It gets my mind off the crap I am going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was kinda hoping mine was a thyroid...nope...

    Sometimes it just takes some perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, HUGS! It's okay to let things out here. It's good. It's what we're here for! Double HUGS! (and thanks for your wise reminders on my blog today....I can always count on YOU). Oh, and the hair loss and weight gain? Hormones. Totally. It'll get better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the getting-back-into-the-swing-of-things blues. I think we all get at least a touch of it this time of year.

    Coffee with a friend is the perfect antidote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little whining never hurt anyone (but A LOT... oh just kidding!)

    Surrounding you with virtual prayers and hugs!

    And have fun with your friend... hopefully you can both feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I get down, My job usually provides for a different view point from some elses life.

    I hope you get out of your funk and your spirits lift

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, bless you. you'll get through it all. the hair thing---normal after pregnancy.it sucks, but it's normal. the weight thing---holidays don't help that, do they? the school thing: you can do it! (or you can put them in school, and spend the day at home with just the little ones, which I'm sure is VERY tempting at times...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, K, how you're feeling is exactly the way I think most women in your phase of life feel! So why did your homeschooling friend put all of her kids in school half way through the year? Just curious. Hang in there, sweetie. I wish we lived closer so we could get together face to face, but even if that never happens, I'm so glad you're my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been feeling acutely sorry for myself these days. Not because I want to, but because I just do. Hormones, I swear. You and I both. Gotta be, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My scale and I have broken up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts