Tuesday.

So 12 hour shifts are what the hubby is working this week. I preempted the sucky, mopey afternoon that would usually be the result of that news and took the kids out this afternoon. I was fully engaged in school this morning and we finished the bulk by noon. So after lunch we headed to the rec centre. The big guys swam and the little people and I headed to the indoor playground. I met a wonderfully sweet mom named Julie there and we chatted away the afternoon.
I am much more able to enjoy my kids running around and yelling when it is in a large room with other kids, than I am in my teensy house!
He will have to work those hours all week, but he thinks that he will have this weekend off, so I am thankful for that. I am sure we will be going to Costco to get groceries and maybe even get a date in between painting and paperwork. Exciting stuff.

***
Baby Z is 6 weeks old today. He is such a little character already. He totally watches our faces when we talk to him now, he sometimes responds with smiles or coos. Last night he was watching Daddy and I having a conversation, going back and forth between our faces until he ended up overstimulated and needed some quiet time.
You know how you hold your teeny baby and your emotions are completely overloaded? Your heart almost pains with love, it just bubbles over until you are laughing and crying simultaneously? The emotions are just overwhelming, I want to squeeze him to me and never let go.
I am often taken by surpise by this wave of emotion for my bigger children too. Over the weekend I was repeatedly astounded by my eldest's intelligent and mature sense of humour. Mature as in older than his years, but still silly. I am filled with wonder at my sweet man-child. Gosh I love him!

***
I want to ask those of you who pray to say a prayer for my sweet girlhood friend today. Her husband, who was only 43, died on Sunday. He had recently diagnosed lung cancer. My heart is just broken for her, I can't imagine what she is going through. Please give her a kind thought and give your spouse a big kiss when he/she gets home tonight.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you have been rejuvenated at least a little bit again.

    We will keep your friend & her family in our prayers.. I can't imagine losing my husband so young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your friend and her family - I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    Glad to hear that you're doing well though! I agree that just getting out of the house helps immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I will keep her in my thoughts. And Happy 6 weeks Baby Z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so sorry for her. I'll pray for sure - my worst nightmare (or one of them)

    I know what you mean about the emotion just suddenly being right there at the surface. I'm finding that my oldest is doing that quite a bit to me lately. He's changing and growing so fast and his maturity is something to behold (some days) and then...it's gone - the maturity that is.

    It amazes me that God has entrusted me with this!
    Love you muchly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a pleasant day! And I will definitely be praying for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Six weeks ALREADY? Geez, we waited forEVER for Zed to be born. He can't be six weeks.

    Huge hugs and tears for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your friend losing her husband. Definitely will keep her in my thoughts.

    I can't believe your little baby is 6 weeks already. I can tell by the post how blessed you feel with all of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your friend's husband. I can't imagine! Her family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 6 weeks already? Wow that went fast.

    So sorry to hear about your friend, will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts