Night tales.

At about 1pm last night, I was just waking up to go to the bathroom, when my bedroom door opened and a naked little Monkey scampered in. He got straight into my big, warm fluffy bed and curled up. When I was coming out of the bathroom I heard another sound in the hall. I opened my door to find the other little one on her way in. Girly crawled right on up next to her brother and I had to kind of shove them both over to find a spot to lie on.

I curled around them and tried to sleep. And tried to just enjoy their presence, their lovely warm bodies and baby breath. We all managed to sleep a bit until I had to try to get up and pee again around 3. Getting in and out of bed or rolling over is a huge ordeal. I managed to wake both of them and then when I tried to get back in bed, it was soon apparent that none of us were going to sleep anymore.

I had daddy help me get them back in their beds, but they were both beside themselves, sobbing. My heart was breaking, I can't remember them ever doing that before. Girly has never gotten in bed with us before even, except for when Monkey was sick one night. I sang to them and patted them and comforted them as best I could, but every time I tried to leave, the sobbing began anew. Daddy finally got them calmed and we tried to sleep some more.

My mind kept thinking about how unsettled they must be with the baby coming. Daddy has talked with them about me going to the hospital to have him, and they don't want to leave my side now. I am not sure how best to help them through this transition. I have talked with them and reassured them, given lots of kisses and cuddles, prayed with them. I guess they just have to walk through it, like we do.

Do any of you have any advice on helping them through the next couple of weeks? I don't remember it being this hard with the others. My poor sweet babies.

Comments

  1. I wish I had any good suggestions for you. I know Alex is going to have an awful time with it. Good luck, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...I am useless too. I have no suggestions, but my heart goes out to you guys! I'm sure that was heart breaking in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it was just a bumpy road and we had to hold on an enjoy the ride. Lots of extra hugs and cuddles and I love you's.

    my mom made of habit of telling us all we were her favorite (when noone else was around anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have anything for you....Since I only have my two and Jake was so little and pretty much clueless when Olivia was born....your love will get them through. You are such a good mom.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor things! I wish I did have some advice, but I don't. I hope you guys have a much better night this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am sure they are getting anxious as they know that their life is going to change a little. Wherever they are while you are in the hospital, maybe make sure they have a picture of you or something that reminds them of you with them. Just an idea since I didn't really have this with my guy when my second was born...

    Wow, it's close! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe find ways for them to help you. Fold the babies clothes - organize toys and such. Make them feel like this is "their" baby too. Not that you haven't done that - but, you know.

    Take care - can't wait for this new baby! Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  8. When Baby came along, I left the other two homemade cards behind on their beds to let them know I was thinking of the. As Kellan suggested, I put them to work. Especially after the baby came home to let them know how important they are and that they still have a place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, it can be a tough time. They will get there...it just takes time. Wish I had better advice. Good luck with the new one on the way

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww. My two littlest keep trying to sneak in our bed at night. Im not even pregnant and I can't sleep with them in there- I feel for you.

    No words of advice here- Mine were spaced enough that I never really went through that kind of stage

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts