So dh is very worried about me, so much that he called his Mom last night to tell her what was going on. His mother told him, "Oh, I had that, tell Kristen it's not a big deal." Well Brent had talked to his Dad too and his Dad had told Brent how one night his Mom woke up in a puddle of blood. He told Brent how scary it was to watch his wife bleeding out and rushing her to the hospital. Brent's mom had only been concerned about her baby, my husband, never thought about herself. She called again this morning to say she would pray, she hadn't ever realized how dangerous it really was for her.
This was 30 some years ago and ultrasound was a brand new thing, at least here. She was one of the very first women here in the city to have one. They did get her bleeding under control and kept her in the hospital for a few weeks and sent her back home. By the time she went in to labour, at about 34 weeks, the placenta had moved out of the way enough for a vaginal birth. My dh was a bit early and had a few issues, but they were both okay in the end.
Good stuff to know, I vaguely remember her talking about it before, but honestly never gave it much thought. I am sure glad that they were both okay-I kinda like the guy...

Oh, Happy Mother's Day to you all, I will be thinking of you. And thank you so much for all your kindness, support and prayers. I appreciate them more than you could ever know.
I will be gone til Monday as I am going to my mom's for the weekend, my sister is having her University graduation! I am so proud of her.

Comments

  1. Man Brents mum is way more than she appears eh?! How amazing that God would use her to ease your fears a bit! Cool!

    have a happy Mother's day and wish your sis a happy grad from me (us).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your sister's graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, love. Hope things take a turn for the easier soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy mother's day to you and congrats to your sister.

    I have a mother's day meme and an award for you.

    http://www.lovechildrenright.com/2008/05/mothers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you! You have a wonderful weekend and get some rest when possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy mothers day- and take it easy this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's pretty neat that your MIL has a story that's so encouraging!

    Hey, there's something for you over at my place!

    Be well and have a GREAT weekend!

    Sniz

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister in law is 36 weeks and just learned today that her placenta has finally moved up and she is now going to be able to have a normal, vaginal birth! This is after weeks of modified bedrest and her preparing for a scheduled c-section. So, it can happen!

    On the other hand, I have another friend who did have placenta previa that did not correct itself and she had to have a c-section. But, again, a completely happy ending. Healthy baby, healthy mom.

    Either way, there is still a very good chance that the happy ending will be yours!! I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just catching up on your posts and saw that beautiful sono picture!

    And I read too, about your challenge with this pregnancy and just wanted you to know that I am praying that baby continues to grow healthy and strong and stays in there until it's time!!

    I think you might need a good laugh so come over and watch the video I posted re: Mother's Day.
    Have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's Day, Kristen! Take care of yourself and hopefully you will have good news about the placenta moving up soon!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your trip.

    I hope everything works out okay--it is so hard not to worry, even when you know it can't change things.

    The soccer sounds great-there's nothing like watching your kids do something they love to lift your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother's Day and may blessings be ahead...

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a nice RELAXING Mother's Day. You need it, and deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You so deserve it. I also hope you got SOME pampering. You SOOOO deserve that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. just do what they tell you and try not to worry too much, the good news is this is pretty common and they know what to do now. hope you enjoyed your mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 23 weeks is sooo early. This placenta will move. I know that you have been in the deep end of the statistical pool beofre, but truly try to take soem comfort here. This is almost boringly common.
    You guys are going to get through this.
    Deep breaths. Stay calm. You are showing your kids how to cope when things are complicated. You are giving them that gift every day. And by showing them you will remember to stay gentle with yourself and give the outcome to God. Do what you can ad olet go of what you must. Deep breaths....fat juicy novels, hang in there.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you had a wonderful, blessed Mother's Day, MMM!

    Love ya! Sniz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated Mother's Day. I am glad your MIL was able to put your mind at ease a little...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kristen - I hope you had a good weekend and a good Mother's day. I hope you are doing well too. Take care - Kellan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts