A love letter to my son.

March 2, 2014

A letter to my son.

My darling boy,

When I opened my bible reading for today, this was the second thing I read: Psalm 4
Evening Prayer of Trust in God.
Answer me when I call, O God of my rightesouness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.
O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach?
How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception?
Selah.
But know that the Lord has set apart the godly man for Himself;
The Lord hears when I call to Him.
Tremble and do not sin;
Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still.
Selah.
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And trust in the Lord.
Many are saying, "Who will show us any good?"
Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O Lord!
You have put gladness in my heart,
More than when their grain and new wine abound.
In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone O Lord, make me to dwell in safety.

When I saw the verse, "How long will my honour be a reproach?" I thought of you and the hard time you have been given, because of your honour, your faith and your good choices. Some of the people you have been spending time with at school are like those who, "...love what is worthless and aim at deception." Their priorities and values are different than yours. Partying, drinking, etc. Even things that seem innocuous like music, video games, even food and exercies, but when they take the place of worship of God, those things become worthless.

Do all for the glory of Christ.
God has set you apart for himself.
He hears you when you call.
Meditate on him.
Look for him.
May his face shine upon you, may you know joy in his light.

God tells us over and over that if we seek him, we will find him. Look for him. He will prove himself to you. Do not get caught up in the lies and deceptions of this world. Ask Him to show you the truth. The truth of his love. He will not fail you. He will give you peace in your heart.



Comments

Popular Posts